11.16.2010

My own little 9K...


On Saturday afternoon, I was feeling so much better.  My cold was pretty much gone and I felt like going on a brisk run to get back on my routine.  About a mile away from my place is a trail that runs along side the back of some homes.  It's a mix of dirt and concrete with plenty of hills to heat up the calves and quads.  I started my run at a steady pace and completed 2 miles easy.  The voice on my Endomondo training program informed me of my 9 minute/ mile status.  I was stoked!  I'm not saying that that's fast, but it's faster than usual for me, and I didn't even notice.  I continued on my run and by about the 5th mile, the knee twinges began.  Nothing painful-just a suggestion that perhaps a bit longer and then it's time to call it a day.  I took a turn onto the dirt path along side the railroad tracks and finished six miles before walking the last 1/8 of a mile back home.  Didn't want to push my luck.  I did six miles and I was thrilled.  Maybe that's nothing to some runners, but to a humble one like me, that's big.

Ciao!
Tayler

1 comment:

  1. 9 minute miles - that's amazing! you'll leave us in the dust on sunday! xo

    jess

    ReplyDelete