11.07.2010

barefoot beach run + a sore knee

i ran on the beach with my pal nancy this evening for my first barefoot/beach run. nance works for the active network - this company offers "active x" classes during the work day. she goes on five mile runs on her lunch breaks or does strength training in the mornings with a group. she says she's the leader in her beginner runner group, so she ran a lot faster than i did (no big surprise since i'm a pretty slow runner). we ran from the newport pier to the balboa pier and back which is about 3.47 miles according to map my run. i felt worked after (we ran against the wind on the way back to the newport pier). it felt great.

my sis (jennifer) and i did a 5k run last tuesday and my knee was pretty sore during the run and after. i iced it that night, but it was still pretty sore the following day. we did a trail run on friday and my knee felt fine during the run but was sore that night. other than that, we both felt pretty good. so i just got back from our beach run and my knee is feeling a teeny bit sore, but it didn't bother me at all during the run. hopefully it's just the muscle getting in shape. tyler says running on the sand is good on the ankles.

xo, jessica


photo by yours truly of the 15th street lifeguard tower on the peninsula in the summer. tonight was much quieter than it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment