11.18.2010

Endurance + Reassurance

Last night I went to a step aerobics class at 24 hour Fitness. This was my second go at it and let me tell you, it's HARD, ok?! I've never sweat so much in my life. As I was stepping, jumping, kicking and trying to keep up, I looked down at my feet that were doing all that work and I thought to myself, "How in the hell am I still going here? And how is it that I feel like I can keep on going?" The answer to those questions can be summed up in one simple explanation. I, like Tayler and Jessica have committed to running and experiencing all the wonderful things that come with it. As I've put in the time and energy, I have noticed, seemingly for the first time ever (woo hoo), that these runs are becoming less and less challenging for me. EUREKA! This is because I'm building up my endurance - duh, right? Let me tell you, friends, it feels AWE-some!! You really can surprise yourself. This is encouraging because the girls and I have the trail run this Sunday and I feel good about the fact that I will be able to not only finish it, but also not feel deflated and worn out afterwards. 

Malibu, here we come!!!

It's like Forrest, Forrest Gump said, " ... I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well...just keep on going."



Thanks for reading, 
Jennifer

1 comment: