11.13.2010

and I'm back!

It seems that with what I do, getting a head cold would be normal. Kids are "germy" and they never wash their hands...and all that. Well truthfully, my immune system is really good at kicking head cold a@# because of my constant exposure to the germ carrying kiddos, but with all of the running I had been doing, it lost some of its gusto. I decided to take it easy for a few days to allow myself to get better. Because the 9K is coming up next weekend, I didn't want to risk sitting out any more days than necessary.

Anyhow, I'm back and relatively back to normal. My ears are a bit plugged, which is annoying, but the rest of me is itching to get back out and run. I plan on hitting up my usual route today--a good 4.5 miles. However, this time I may take some side trips to stretch it to 5.5. Haven't made it to 6 miles yet, but the day is coming. I want to run one steady 6 mile before the race next Sunday. I really wish there were more trail runs close to home for me, but when you live in Las Vegas, the closest trail run is Red Rock Canyon 50 miles away. Not a really easy weekday trip. My schedule is pretty open tomorrow, however, so I may recruit a friend and hit the dirt. Keep posted!

Ciao!
Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment