5.31.2013

Energy Minus the Fizz

Product Image
So, I don't know what the buzz is about energy drinks.  Whether it's good or bad, healthy or unhealthy, blah blah blah.  All I know is that I occasionally like a good energy drink before a run just like the next person.  However, what I don't like is the awful feeling you get in your gut midway through your run (gas and bloating---I feel like putting it in parenthesis makes it less offensive) that really puts a damper on your enjoyment.  Enter Rockstar Recovery Energy + Hydration.  It's loaded with good vitamins and minerals, only 20 calories per can, yada, yada, yada, and is sweetened with Splenda--the least deadly of the artificial sweeteners (I tease).  But the reason I love this drink so much is because it comes in the elusive "grape" flavor and has little to no carbonation, so no balloon belly when you run.
 Try it out next time you need a boost.  Just remember, nothing kicks peristalsis into high gear like an energy drink so be sure to have access to a restroom before taking off down the trail.  

Happy running,
Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment