1.03.2011

flurries, vegas, and the treadmill...

White Vegas!
                                       
After a good month, I'm back on the blog track.  It's been a bit on the slow side when it comes to running.  Partly because its been raining a good bit and also because I've been spending a lot of my free time (Winter Break) knitting up a storm for Christmas.  See, I have another blog devoted to my adventures in the fine craft of knitting called the greenhorn knitter, with which I have been spending a lot of my time.  A bit unfaithful to the humble runners which is inexcusable, I know.  I will be better.

Anywho, I made it a New Year's resolution to run, no matter what.  I could even go so far to say, "rain...er...snow or shine."  Today, in Las Vegas, we got a few inches of snow and it was a blistery 32 degrees!  I didn't want to risk catching a cold before the run this weekend, so I settled on the treadmill in the rec room at my apartment complex.  No matter what...right?  It felt great! I made sure to set the workout for hills with a pretty decent incline so I felt like I was workin' it.   I did 4 miles in a little under 40 minutes and my knee (been suffering from some ITBS lately) didn't hurt a bit.  This is quite a relief because it tells me that most of my knee pain must be from the lack of give of the streets.  Duh.  I know.  At least I know my joints are OK.  Well here's to New Year's resolutions and running...no matter what.  Happy New Year all!

Cheers!
Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment